COE Admission Criteria to the Teacher Education Program
In order to be admitted into the College of Education students must apply through the Teacher Education Program and adhere to the following program requirements:
- An official application for admission to Teacher Education Program, which includes the standard demographics information as well as a checklist of required items
- Junior classification and transfer student, with a minimum of 2.50 grade point average (GPA) overall
- Criminal History Check (Conducted by the Office of Field Experiences)
- $50 Application fee paid to the Business Office when registering for EPSY 4322. Fee will be included in the statement of charges.
- Completion of specific general education courses with a minimum 2.50 GPA, including EDUC-U 1301 Introduction to the Teaching Profession and EDUC-U 2301 Introduction of Special Programs
- The Texas Higher Education Assessment (THEA) with scores of at least Reading 260, Writing 220 and Math 230 or the Compass with scores of at least Reading 87, Math 39, and Writing 59.
The admission criteria are based on university and state guidelines that were developed by the College of Education. Academic criteria for admission are published and applied consistently to all educator preparation candidates.