UTB Engineering Summer Bridge Program
The summer bridge program is an introduction and preparation for an Engineering career in UT-Brownsville.
The successful completion of this program will enable you to start taking courses towards your Bachelors degree in Engineering during your first semester in College.
Workshop July 15 - August 12, 2013
Workshop is free of charge.
To register please follow the link below to complete our online application:
Engineering Summer Bridge Application
Have been admitted to UTB as an Engineering major in fall 2013.
How to apply
Fill out the following online form to apply to the program: Engineering Summer Bridge Online Application
What the summer bridge program will do
- ENGINEERING MATH: - prepare for the Pre-calculus credit exam so you are able to take Calculus.
- ENGINEERING HISTORY: — learn how historical buildings were constructed by the Aztecs, Egyptians, Greeks, and more.
- ENGINEERING PRACTICE: — “fly” a plane in the wind tunnel, test and fire a rocket engine on a model rocket!
- FIELD TRIPS: – visit local industries and places of engineering interest including the airport, the air museum.
- The topics of ENGR 1101 (Introduction to Engineering) with the option of credit in the fall.