houston medical early admissions program
The Houston Medical Early Admissions Program will offer highly qualified students with an interest in medicine, and who through personal experiences have demonstrated the ability to succeed academically, the opportunity to be considered for and to receive conditional early acceptance to the UTHealth’s (Houston) medical school. The Program will offer guidance and support mechanisms to those selected for participation. Applicants for the Program will be considered based on their high school academic course work, undergraduate grade point average, standardized test scores, letters of recommendation, community services, research participation, and committee interview.
The Office of Health Professions Careers offers enrichment courses and guidance in an effort to help students maintain eligibility and successfully complete medical school admissions criteria. Applying for an early admissions program requires commitment and dedication. Student's interested in applying for one of the early acceptance programs listed should contact us or stop by Life Health Science Building (LHSB) 2.822, Biology Wing, for an appointment or to register as a pre-early acceptance student and ensure all requirements are met on time.
NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS!
- Undergraduate sophomore year (no more than 60 semester credit hours)
- Have both an overall and science GPA of 3.3 or higher
- Documentation of internship, job shadowing, or research experience
- Provide three (3) letters of recommendation from either science faculty or pre-health advisor
- Obtained a minimum score of 1500 on the Scholastic Aptitude Test or 21 on the ACT
- Other factors that may be considered include, but may not be limited to:
- Leadership ability
- Academic potential
- Commitment to the community