graduate tuition INCENTIVE scholarship
The Graduate Tuition Incentive Scholarship is to provide tuition support for graduate students pursuing their first master’s degree.
Scope of Policy
This policy applies to all graduate students who:
Are pursuing a first master’s
Have unconditional status*
Have an official Program of Study on file
Are a Texas resident
Are receiving no other form of financial aid (excluding loans)
*Unconditional status refers to beginning graduate students who have satisfactory GRE scores and an undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or better; or, any graduate student who has completed 12 semester credit hours with a graduate GPA of 3.0 or better.
The tuition assistance application form is available in the Office of Graduate Studies. Students will be informed of a decision by letter of award from the Financial Aid Office.
- Students may apply for tuition assistance when enrolled for six credit hours per semester. Graduate students may be eligible to receive up to 18 credit hours of scholarship support towards a master’s degree through this program
- A Program of Study is not required for first semester students. Continuing students will be limited to 3 credit hours per semester.
To be awarded a Graduate Tuition Incentive Scholarship, courses must be in the student’s official Program of Study (POS).
- After approval, the Office of Graduate Studies will notify the Financial Aid Office who will process payment transfer through the Business Office.
- Registration Payment Deadlines: Long Summer - May 05, 2015; Summer I 2015 - May 22, 2015; Summer II 2015 - July 02, 2015. You should pay full tuition and fees and will be reimbursed for this scholarship award.
- Scholarship Deadline for Summer 2015: May 1, 2015
- Students who receive a graduate tuition scholarship and drop a course or withdraw from the institution may be responsible for reimbursing the office of Graduate Studies.
The Graduate Tuition Incentive Scholarship Account will have a specific budget amount per fiscal year. Grade point average and timelines in meeting the above criteria will be used to allocate the limited funds available for these awards. Applicants must apply each semester.
Limited Funds are Available for Summer 2015.
Click Here for Summer 2015 Graduate Tuition Incentive
This policy will be reviewed by the Dean of Graduate Studies prior to each application period.
Note: See Graduate Tuition Incentive Scholarship Award for the criteria for receiving the Award.