All applicants must be admitted to UTB and the Graduate Studies prior to admission to the MSN program.
For complete information Checklist on how to faciliatate your Application for Admission:
University of Texas at Brownsville College of Nursing MSN Program
Transfer courses will be considered on an individual basis.
To be eligible for admission to the graduate nursing program with unconditional status the following criteria shall be met:
- A short essay within the Graduate Studies application. The essay shall include:
- The reason for applying for admission into the program
- The anticipated personal gain from the program
- The relevant preparation and
- Your future professional plans
- An officially reported transcript of TOEFL scores for foreign students (500 written or 213 computer)
- An official transcript in English, with translation if necessary, indicating either an earned baccalaureate degree in nursing or in an area other than nursing plus successful completion of the NURS 5600 Transition to Graduate Nursing course
- Successful completion of an undergraduate statistics course
- Current license to practice nursing in Texas
- Evidence of current immunizations required by the Texas Department of Health for students in health-related programs
- Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale for previous college work.
Students not meeting the above criteria may be admitted conditionally.
Transition to graduate studies program
Registered nurses who have an earned baccalaureate degree in a field other than nursing may qualify to apply for admission to the MSN program by successfully completing the NURS 5600 Transition to Graduate Nursing course.
READMISSION AFTER FAILURE
After failing an MSN course, the student must apply for readmission to the program before he/she may continue with the nursing courses. He/She will be considered on a space available basis pending recommendation from the Admission Committee as well as the consent of the course instructor.
For comments or more information, Contact Us