Summer Bridge Program
First-year college students entering after high school graduation who require developmental education in Reading, Writing, or Mathematics will become “college-ready” in those subject areas through the program.
- Eliminate the need for developmental education (for students deemed almost “college-ready” by passing the COMPASS Test)
- Introduces college-level expectations for incoming freshmen in the areas of: College Algebra, Composition I or History I
- Must have developmental need in only one or two courses and meet following COMPASS scores: reading: 71-80, writing: essay 5, math: 29-38.
- Student fee of $50 (non-refundable) upon acceptance into the program.
- 88% of the students who completed the 2012 Summer Bridge Program satisfied the college-ready standards and took college level courses in the fall 2012 semester. They saved a semester of time and approximately $800!
- Possibly eliminate the need for developmental education (approximately $800 per course and no college credit)
- COMPASS and College level course preparation
- Meet and work with Professors that teach core college level courses in: College Algebra Composition I or History I
- We pay for you to take the COMPASS Test again at the end of the Program ($39 value)
- Enrollment in UT Brownsville (based on COMPASS scores at the end of Summer Bridge Program)
- Up to 11 $200 Stipends opportunities (based on requirements)