One West University Boulevard, Brownsville, Texas 78520 | 956-882-8200

Mileage Reimbursement

The University provides mileage reimbursement to employees that use their personal vehicles for business purposes. To request mileage reimbursement, please follow the steps below:

  • Request approval – Submit a PeopleSoft Travel Authorization (TA) and obtain necessary approvals.
  • Keep a log – A mileage log is required is requesting reimbursement for multiple trips.
  • Submit an Expense Report – Submit a PeopleSoft Expense Report and attach a mileage log and/or supporting documentation such as point-to-point mileage calculation.

Mileage may be determined by the employee’s vehicle odometer or MapQuest, the online mapping system adopted by the University. In cases where an alternative route was used instead of the most cost-effective route, employees must include an explanation as to why the route was taken.

It is recommended that mileage reimbursements be submitted within five working days after a trip. Employees making frequent trips should refer to their department’s requirements on how often to submit mileage logs (i.e., weekly, monthly).

The current reimbursement rates for the University can be found on the Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts website.

For more information, contact Purchasing at or ext. 6553 for questions related to Travel Authorizations or the Business Service Center at ext. 7172 for questions related to Expense Reimbursements.

For comments and questions, please contact the Webmaster.