Welcome class of 2017!
Orientation is designed to introduce you to The University of Texas at Brownsville and its many programs and opportunities. Orientation will assist you as you transition to college life and begin an exciting and new chapter in your journey that will change your life. Our goal is to introduce you to all that UTB has to offer you as you pursue your goals and dreams.
To achieve our goal and to prepare you to begin your classes for fall 2013, we provide you with a two part Orientation program. The program consist of:
Part 1. A Pre-Orientation Online Program
- This program consists of online modules that provide information on academic requirements and the support services available to assist you to succeed at UTB. Instructions are e-mailed to you on how to begin the online portion of your Orientation. The great thing about this is that it is self paced so you can complete it as time permits. The last module will guide you in signing up for the second part of your Orientation.
Part 2. On Campus Orientation
- This part of orientation is a follow up to the online portion. The on campus program is a one day experience that is packed with valuable information. The highlight of this day is meeting with an advisor one on one to discuss your course options for your first semester. After that you will register for classes. You will also get to meet with faculty from your chosen major. So please make sure that you list the correct major when you sign up for Orientation. We promise to make this day a great start to your college experience.
TIP: Students who attend orientation during the first dates have the best chance of getting the classes and schedule they prefer.
To participate in orientation students must complete the following:
* Complete an Admissions Application to UTB and submit all required documentation
* Complete all Testing requirements prior to your Orientation date
* Be marked as Admission complete by the Admissions Office
Fall 2013 Orientation Dates
Friday, May 17, 2013
Wednesday, June 12, 2013
Wednesday, June 19, 2013
Tuesday, June 25, 2013
Wednesday, July 17, 2013
Wednesday, July 31, 2013
Sign in begins at 7:30am at the Science, Engineering, and Technology Building Lecture Hall (SET-B)
Orientation begins at 8:00am and ends at 5:30pm. We will provide a breakfast snack and lunch.
Late arrivals will be rescheduled to attend at a time designated by the orientation staff.
Attendance is mandatory and therefore students are expected to make proper arrangements and stay for the entire program. To complete Orientation the student must stay the entire day. If you are not able to complete orientation a cancellation fee will apply and you must contact the Orientation Office to reschedule to return on the day designated by the Orientation Staff.
The Orientation program offers accommodations for individuals with disabilities. If you need special accommodations, please note in the comment box when you make your Orientation reservation or contact our office at (956)882-5111