What is Satisfactory Academic STANDING (SAS)?
UTB monitors academic progress to identify students who are experiencing difficulty with their courses. Satisfactory Academic Standing (SAS) is based upon the GPA component.
To meet S.A.S. requirement, you must:
- Maintain a cumulative 2.0 GPA
If you meet the (S.A.S.) requirement:
- You will be considered a student in good standing
If you fail to meet the GPA requirement:
- You will be placed on probation
- You will remain on probation until S.A.S. requirement is met
- You should contact your academic advisor and/or your faculty mentor
Students who earn at least a 2.0 GPA for the course work that semester can continue on probation or return to good standing if their cumulative GPA is 2.0. Students who earn below a 2.0 GPA that semester are suspended and must wait until the end of the next long semester to return.
If you are returning from suspension:
- You will be placed on conditional probation
- You may enroll in a maximum of 7 credit hours
- You must meet with an academic advisor
Visit the Satisfactory Academic Standing web page for more information.