Who is Eligible for the CLA Honors Program?
High School Students and Entering Freshmen:
- Top 10% of high school graduating class.
- 90% or higher grade average in academic courses: English, Math, Science, and Social Studies.
Current UTB Students and Transfer Students:
- Minimum of 12 completed academic hours.
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.3.
Students whose eligibility criteria approximate but do not meet the requirements above are still encouraged to apply and provide one of the following additional items:
- ACT Composite Score - 24 or Higher
- SAT Critical Reading and Mathematics Sections - 1110 or Higher
- SAT Critical Reading, Mathematics, and Writing Sections - 1670 or Higher
- Letter to the program coordinator that addresses goals for joining the honors program and evidence of past academic success.
Honors students are required to maintain a 3.3 cumulative GPA and complete at least one honors course per year to remain in the Honors Program. Students whose GPA falls below 3.3 will receive a one-semester grace period to improve their GPA.